[gst-devel] Removal of request pad from Mux

Kalyanavarathan, Vasanth VKalyanavarathan at ndsuk.com
Thu Jun 1 15:56:17 CEST 2006

Hello There

The mux element that I have implemented is very similar and simplified
form of oggmux in base plugins.

I do see the EOS reaching the mux from one of the request pads, at that
point I would
Like to remove the pad on which EOS was received and initiate a message
bus call-back to the application.

I have setup the element_class->release pad function but it is not
called.
Also the bus call-back is not being called.

In case I opt to set_event_function for each of the request pads and in
my event function explicitly call release pad function. The behaviour is
strange and I guess I am ending up in deadlock.

The loop element upstream pause's itself after sending EOS and hence the
mux is sending out correct data. Emulating the removal of one stream but
the actual physical resources setup for that stream is not removed.

Any inputs on what I need to do to get this working will be very
helpful.

Thanks
Vasanth

This email message and any attachments thereto are intended only for use by the addressee(s) named above, and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the postmaster at nds.com and destroy the original message