[gst-devel] totem/gstreamer mailing list

Bill wgm at telus.net
Sat Jun 10 11:43:36 CEST 2006

Hi folks,

I am looking for a user oriented mailing list for totem/gstreamer
and as of yet have found nothing. Can someone point me towards such
a list? I know this list is not what I'm looking for and I'm sorry
to intrude, but perhaps you can consider it feedback :-/ ?

I have a fresh install of debian sarge stable and am trying to get
totem to work with totem/gstreamer.

I've successfully run the script
/usr/share/doc/libdvdread3/examples/install-css.sh
to install css.

I've installed gstreamer0.8-plugins.

I've set up symbolic links for /dev/dvd and /dev/cdrom.

The package does work somewhat. It will play a .mpg file using
the /cdrom device, but won't read the same disk as a dvd.
It can also play an audio cd with video effects. So audio and video
are setup correctly and working.

When I try to play the dvd I get error messages such as:
-Totem could not play 'file:///dev/dvd'.
        There is no plugin for this movie.
-Totem could not play dvd://
        -could not open resource for reading
        -failed to open reason unknown
        -could not determine type of stream
        -cannot open file dvd://
        -no plugin to handle this movie

My best guess is that I'm overlooking something obvious about either
the paths, plugins or devices. But what?

I'm looking to find a user oriented ml where I can catch a few clues
or hints. Does anyone know of such a list? Google yeilds nil.

	tia,

	b.