[gst-devel] Musepack plugin?

Jonathan Ryshpan jonrysh at pacbell.net
Sun Jun 11 02:23:57 CEST 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 01:30 +0200, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-06-10 at 12:39 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:

> > > It's part of gst-plugins-bad (should probably be moved to -ugly or -good
> > > at some point).
> >
> > If so, my rpm is defective or I can't figure out what the correct name
> > is for the plugin.  Here is the info on the rpm:
>
> It exists in the source module, however since every module can depend on
> a lot of libraries, a package for that module will not necessarily
> contain everything.  In this case, the FC5 rpm does not have an mpc
> plugin built.
>
> I'll see if I can figure out how to package it properly and build the
> rpms with it.

Thanks very much.  I can build it myself if you can point me to the
source, preferably an RPM.  I'll email you if there are any problems.
There is an libmpcdec.so library on my system -- relevant rpms are
libmpcdec and libmpcdec-devel, which (I think) are in the extras
repository.  And I'm sure that others will be happy to have such an
rpm.

I'm also working on finding or building the plugin for monkey's audio
(*.ape) files.  Any pointers here, binaries, sources, or just info will
be very welcome.

Thanks - jon