[gst-devel] simultaneous OSS playback/record

Wilson, Diego dwilson at ti.com
Mon Jun 12 22:21:03 CEST 2006

Zaheer,

My audio device *does* support full duplex mode. However, it only
supports it within the same process. You are allowed to open the device
just once. That is as opposed to being open twice, as osssink/osssrc are
attempting.

And this is where I'm confused. As the "Open Sound System Programmer's
Guide" on page 101 states:

"Full duplex does not mean that the same device can be used twice. With
the current OSS implementation it is not possible to open a device that
is already open."

So again my question, are osssink/osssrc expected to open the same
device twice? Or open two devices? Or never work similtenously at all?

And unfortunately I do not have access to an alsa driver :(

Regards,

Diego Wilson