[gst-devel] is there a method to select specific plug-ins ingst-plugins-base to compile?

Peter Kjellerstedt peter.kjellerstedt at axis.com
Tue Jun 20 11:15:17 CEST 2006

There are two types of plugins, those without external dependencies
and those with external dependencies.

To select which of the plugins without external dependencies you
want to build, use the configuration option --with-plugins.  The
option to build all these plugins would be

configure
--with-plugins=adder,audioconvert,audiorate,audioresample,audiotestsrc,f
fmpegcolorspace,playback,typefind,videotestsrc,videorate,videoscale,volu
me

which would result in the same as if the option was not specified
at all (if the line above is broken into two it is because of my
mailer; it should all be on one line).  You can then remove those
plugins you do not want to build by removing them from the list
above.

To exclude plugins with external dependencies from the build, you
need to use the corresponding --disable-* option.  The following
is the list of options which can be used to disable plugins with
external dependencies:

	--disable-alsa
	--disable-cdparanoia
	--disable-gnome_vfs
	--disable-libvisual
	--disable-ogg
	--disable-pango
	--disable-theora
	--disable-vorbis

Other options which may come in handy when disabling stuff you
do not want to build are:

	--disable-x
	--disable-xvideo
	--disable-xshm