[gst-devel] REMINDER for developers

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Mar 10 10:04:01 CET 2006

> I think GNU (or someone) encourages this format:
>
> 2006-03-09  Crazy Hacker  <crazy at h4x0r.biz>
>
>      Reviewed by: Johan Dahlin <johan at gnome.org>
>
> if you use the prepare-ChangeLog.pl script it'll add that for you.
>
> That format is fine too I hope. But I guess the reviewer should
> get credit for this aswell so maybe you have to update your scripts if it
> doesn't handle that case.

It would pick this up, because it checks for lines starting with dates,
as well as lines that have " by: "

I dislike the GNU style because I prefer the date line to be the person
that actually commited.  I think it's silly to have the date line on
every other thing to be the committer, and not for when you review a
patch.

But that's just me.

Thomas

You know well