[gst-devel] REMINDER for developers

Johan Dahlin jdahlin at async.com.br
Fri Mar 10 14:33:03 CET 2006

Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 17:49 +0100, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
>> Hey everone,
>>
>> two important reminders to make the release maintainer's life easier:
>
> And a third:
>
> - Make sure our patch contributors are acknowledged properly by listing
> them in the ChangeLog in the following way:
>
> 2006-03-07  Wim Taymans  <wim at fluendo.com>
>
>         Patch by: Christophe Fergeau
>
>         * docs/pwg/advanced-tagging.xml:
>         * docs/pwg/building-pads.xml:
>           fixes #333416
>

> Ie, below your name, use "Patch by:" and the full name - this allows the
> release scripts to pick up the names

I think GNU (or someone) encourages this format:

2006-03-09  Crazy Hacker  <crazy at h4x0r.biz>

     Reviewed by: Johan Dahlin <johan at gnome.org>

if you use the prepare-ChangeLog.pl script it'll add that for you.

That format is fine too I hope. But I guess the reviewer should
get credit for this aswell so maybe you have to update your scripts if it
doesn't handle that case.

--
Johan Dahlin <jdahlin at async.com.br>
Async Open Source