[gst-devel] library: music-player and tags

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Wed Mar 15 01:40:02 CET 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 01:57 -0600, yohann (yrc) coppel wrote:

Hi,

> Is there any existing library made with gstreamer, that we can
> use to make our player simply by "linking" this library and
> making the gui for example ? The lib should be abble to do play,
> stop, seek etc... reading tags and maybe have an internal
> playlist to make beautiful transitions between songs.....

GStreamer can do most of that. 'Beautiful transitions between songs'
isn't something that's implemented in playbin yet though, you'd have to
do a custom implementation of that if it's important to you. Also,
playbin doesn't have an internal playlist either.

> ERROR: Caught a segmentation fault while loading plugin file:
> /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstaudioresample.so

That's most likely due to a bug in liboil 0.3.7 on certain CPUs (AFAIK).
Try running things with the OIL_CPU_FLAGS=0 environment variable set to
find out.

> Well... I think that Playbin and Decodebin are made for it. but I
> can't find a lot of informations about tags reading for example,
> and first, I have the same problem with the libgstaudio....so

playbin has a GstBus (see GstPipeline, GstElement in the API reference)
on which tag messages are posted when tags are found. You can either
poll the bus occasionally for such messages, or - if you're running a
Gtk/GLib main loop - you can just add a signal watch to the bus and then
use something like

   g_signal_connect (bus, "message::tag", G_CALLBACK (tags_message_cb),
data);

to set up a callback.

 Cheers
  -Tim