[gst-devel] gstreamer, JNI and swing

Robert Scott robert.b.scott at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 23 00:39:06 CET 2006

I did some more investigation and it appears there is a problem
somewhere loading plugins.  I did an experiment where I essentially
moved all of the libraries inside of the directory /usr/lib/
gstreamer-0.10 into another directory.  In this case, everything is
fine, the program starts up normally.  Now as soon as I move any of
the libraries (it can be any one) the program core dumps again as
soon as the X portion starts.

Perhaps I will try this with a program that doesn't have the weight
of java riding on its shoulders.  If it fails there it would be a lot
easier to isolate the problem and distribute for others to try out.

I also upgraded to the latest packages today, so I believe that I am
fully up to date with released code.

anyone have any ideas?

--robert