[gst-devel] Building gstreamer for Windows CE

Zeeshan Ali zeenix at gstreamer.net
Thu May 4 01:11:20 CEST 2006

Hello,

> I am currently using Visual Studio 2005 on Windows XP Professional building
> a Windows Mobile 5.0 target application. I am wondering if anyone else has
> built gstreamer on Windows CE, and if so, is there any documentation/how-to.

   I also wanted quite the same thing two weeks back but soon i
realized that gstreamer is not ready for that yet, unless you can
volunteer for making it so. There are some people working on the win32
porting of gstreamer but they are either inclined towards mingw or
visual-studio 6 (because of licensing issues) option. I was told that
it's not very easy to make mingw work for ARM/embedded platforms and i
trusted the guy who told me this but you can try that if you want.
Please, do let me know if that works out very for you.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali