[gst-devel] RELEASE: GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.7 'Leave the gun'
thomas at apestaart.org
thomas at apestaart.org
Sun May 14 09:56:12 CEST 2006
This mail announces the release of GStreamer Base Plug-ins 0.10.7 'Leave the gun'.
GStreamer Base Plug-ins is a well-groomed and well-maintained collection of
GStreamer plug-ins and elements, spanning the range of possible types of
elements one would want to write for GStreamer. It also contains helper
libraries and base classes useful for writing elements.
A wide range of video and audio decoders, encoders, and filters are included.
For more information, see [http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gst-plugins-base.html]
To file bugs, go to [http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gst-plugins-base]
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamer Base Plug-insÂ 0.10.7 "Leave the gun"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer Base Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
This module contains a set of reference plugins, base classes for other
plugins, and helper libraries.
This module is kept up-to-date together with the core developments. Element
writers should look at the elements in this module as a reference for
This module contains elements for, among others:
device plugins: x(v)imagesink, alsa, v4lsrc, cdparanoia
codecs: vorbis, theora
text: textoverlay, subparse
sources: audiotestsrc, videotestsrc, gnomevfssrc
audio processing: audioconvert, adder, audiorate, audioscale, volume
video processing: ffmpegcolorspace
aggregate elements: decodebin, playbin
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* typefind improvements
* bug-fixes in textoverlay, audioconvert, videotestsrc, multifdsink and audio source/sink base classes
* Ice-cast metadata support has moved from gnomevfssrc to the icydemux element in gst-plugins-good
* audioresample now supports floating point samples
* Adder element fixes.
* Fixes for network playback and audio resampling in playbin
Bugs fixed in this release
* 340060 : [adder] handle newsegment events properly
* 340375 : [API 0.11] [patch] typefind to differentiate between mp4 ...
* 339405 : [textoverlay] can't display '\n' character
* 338657 : [patch] adder should send events from src-pad to all sink...
* 338919 : [patch] alsasink should also query witdh capabilities fro...
* 301759 : [audioresample] float audio support (for OSX audio sinks)
* 331901 : [videotestsrc] framerate=0/1 gives assertion error
* 333657 : Replacing icy demuxing in gnomevfssrc
* 336339 : [audioresample] should support width != 16
* 338718 : [patch] [audioconvert] correctly clip float samples > 1.0
* 338778 : [patch] Bad audio with ASX files
* 338991 : [patch] Videoscale doesn't pass on pixel-aspect ratio
* 339574 : [patch] Race condition in multifdsink can lead to spuriou...
* 339786 : [typefinding] wavpack typefinding doesn't always work
* 340369 : [volume element] " volume " property range insufficient
* 340379 : [playbin] doesn't insert audioresample, causes problems w...
* 340392 : Problem with internal-decodebin
* 341160 : [multifdsink] client_status enum has an uninitialized nick
* 341182 : Accessing playbin's streaminfo property from high languag...
* 341432 : [playbin] automatically get icecast metadata requiring ic...
* 341542 : some users have an assertion failed: (GST_VIDEO_SINK_WIDT...
* 341557 : Map GST_TAG_IMAGE < = > ID3v2 APIC tag
API changed in this release
- API additions:
* client-fd-removed signal added to multifdsink
* stream-info-value-array property added to playbin
* gst_video_calculate_display_ratio() in libgstvideo
You can find source releases of gst-plugins-base in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Andy Wingo
* David Schleef
* Edward Hervey
* Jan Schmidt
* Michael Smith
* Sebastien Moutte
* Sjoerd Simons
* Stefan Kost
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Wim Taymans
* Young-Ho Cha
More information about the gstreamer-devel