[gst-devel] RELEASE: GStreamer 0.10.6 'Leave the cannoli'
thomas at apestaart.org
thomas at apestaart.org
Sun May 14 09:55:20 CEST 2006
This mail announces the release of GStreamer 0.10.6 'Leave the cannoli'.
GStreamer is a streaming media framework that allows the construction of
graphs of elements which operate on media data.
Applications using this library can do anything from real-time sound processing
over playing video to capturing audio, video, and even other types of media
Its architecture allows for adding new data types or processing capabilities
simply by installing new plug-ins.
GStreamer is the core module, containing libraries, headers, the basic object
hierarchy, and a set of media-agnostic core elements.
For more information, see [http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/gstreamer.html]
To file bugs, go to [http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer&component=gstreamer+%28core%29]
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamerÂ 0.10.6 "Take the cannoli"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
core of the GStreamer streaming media framework.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
The 0.10.x series has been reworked for threadsafety. It also features
various feature additions and enchancements.
This module, gstreamer, only contains core functionality.
For actual media playback, you will need other modules.
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins under our preferred license
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* Fixes for the collectpads helper
* Support for proper time recording on server-trickmode streams
via the applied_rate parameter of the NewSegment event
* Many bug fixes
Bugs fixed in this release
* 339808 : [patch] mem-leak of bin in gstbin.c
* 338339 : [patch] registry cache is always written
* 339843 : [patch] fdsink should not handle short writes and non fat...
* 340016 : does not build on opensolaris, must always include config...
* 340079 : gst-launch wrapper fails with 'No version of tool gst-lau...
* 340174 : locking problem in gstbasesink
* 340460 : gst-launch no longer supports --version
* 340508 : remove glib pre 2.8 hacks and compat stuff
* 340604 : gst_mini_object_ref () docs make no mention of writeability
* 340608 : leaking caps in padtemplate
* 340697 : gstsystemclock hangs when outputting to stdout via fdsink
* 340721 : API: add GST_TAG_IMAGE
* 340772 : [qtdemux] bails out on Meet The Robinsons trailer
* 341556 : gst-launch: print image tags in a human readable form
* 339821 : [patch] serializing a GValue with a NULL buffer crashes
API changed in this release
- API additions:
* GST_TAG_IMAGE tag added.
* GstSegment::applied_rate field
You can find source releases of gstreamer in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Applications ported to GStreamer 0.10 include Totem, RhythmBox, Sound-Juicer,
Gnome Media, Flumotion, Amarok, Jamboree, Pitivi, Istanbul, AnnoAmp, Elisa, and others.
Let us know if you want to be added to this list.
Contributors to this release
* Edward Hervey
* James Andrewartha
* Jan Schmidt
* Maciej Katafiasz
* Michael Smith
* Philippe Rouquier
* Sebastien Moutte
* Stefan Kost
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Wim Taymans
More information about the gstreamer-devel