[gst-devel] Re: Regarding GStreamer/Cupid

Vidhu Bennie vidhu_ben at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 18 01:39:06 CEST 2006

Hi Daniel,

  Itz a good news to hear that some work is happening on Cupid now. Great !
  Will it be available for download in GStreamer site, once it's done ..?

  Thanks Ronald,Zaheer,Daniel for your replies...

  I will have lot more questions when i actually put my hands on to some recorder solution :-) Hope you guys will chip in your helping hands for by doubts.

  Thanks in advance ...

  Regards,

  Vidhu.

Daniel Díaz <mrchapp at gmail.com> wrote:
  Hello, Ronald, all!

On 5/17/06, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> > 2) Is there any activity happenning right now towards cupid..??
> No.

I must get a working version of Cupid for GStreamer 0.10 by the end of
this month. It's a very modified version of the original Cupid 0.0.1,
being this one a GTK+-only version of it (i.e. no dependency on GNOME
or GConf.) And when I say "I must," it's because I MUST. Things change
lot, though, so there's no guarantee that'll happen.

Ronald, my request for publishing the GTK+-only version of Cupid is in
process (I started the process recently, about two weeks ago, within
the organization.) It's is intended for the embedded platform, where
GNOME might not be always available, hence the stripping of those
dependencies. I hope I can get it out soon.

I am myself struggling with porting it to GStreamer 0.10, so any
pointers would help, trying to understand the whole thing.

In any case, there is something going on with Cupid.

Greetings!

Daniel Díaz
ddiaz at ti.com