[gst-devel] I can't play an MP3 file through RTSP/RTP
Fabrice.Triboix at imgtec.com
Wed Nov 1 18:35:55 CET 2006
I am currently trying to play an MP3 file through RTSP/RTP, without
success so far.
I am using fenice as my RTSP server (on Linux) to play my MP3 file. It
works OK with Real player, and I basically want to do the same with
I am using the lastest versions of gstreamer and all the plugins
(compiled from sources 2 days ago).
Here is the command line I am using:
$ gst-launch --gst-debug=rtspsrc:5 rtspsrc
location=rtsp://myserver:4555/tst.sd ! rtpmpadepay ! mad ! audioconvert
! audioresample ! esdsink host=mypc
The last bit is to redirect the audio to my PC, which is a different
machine than where fenice and gst are run on. This bit works because I
can play the MP3 file directly with gstreamer (using filesrc) and hear
it on my PC.
Using ethereal, I can see that apparently, everything is OK (note:
fenice can only do RTP interleaved in RTSP).
I tried the following:
- in the previous command line, replace mad by ffdec_mp3 => no success
- try the helix DNA server instead of fenice => no success (the helix
server apparently works fine, at least with the Real player...)
- search the mail list archives for gstreamer project => I found some
stuff about similar issues, but for video, not MP3
- search the gstreamer bugs list (gnome bugzilla) => I found bugs
#341752 and possibly #319449, but nothing really helpful for my problem
- search google => found nothing
- redirect to a file instead of my PC (using filesink) => empty file (0
If anybody managed to do what I want to do, please let me know!
Any help very welcome!
Thank you very much,
This message is subject to Imagination Technologies' e-mail terms: http://www.imgtec.com/e-mail.htm
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the gstreamer-devel