[gst-devel] ARG!

Michal Benes michal.benes at itonis.tv
Fri Nov 3 10:57:34 CET 2006

> Thanks. I was writing samekind of ducument, but get some problems
> because system didn't compile dll:s with precompiled glib 2.12.
> Only static libraries were made. GStreamer was CVS version. I didn't
> have time to test with "stable" versions.
>
> There got some warnings/errors because gcc/libtool didn't found any glib
> related dlls. I tried to remake .a files from .defs. I think problem is
> for naming of .a files of the glib.
>
> Any ideas?

The problem is that Windows do not allow unresolved symbols in dll
libraries. When linking dll libraries, you must provide all dependencies
(as -l flags). If you do not do this libtool will create only static
libraries (.a). All of this is not needed on POSIX systems and therefore
missing from many Makefiles.

You will also need development libraries (.lib or .def -- I am really
not an expert) of glib to successfully link against it.

	Regards,
		Michal