[gst-devel] ARG!

Joni Valtanen jvaltane at movial.fi
Fri Nov 3 08:29:26 CET 2006

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Alberto Botti wrote:

> Il giorno dom, 29/10/2006 alle 11.13 -0500, Gorshkov ha scritto:
>> Ok - I'm going nuts here. I've seen hints around on the web, and I've
>> read everything I can find ......... but I'm still unable to build
>> gstreamer under mingw/msys on windows.
>>
>> Anybody have a decent tutorial, or advice they're willing to part with?
>
> I've sucessfully built GStreamer 0.10.9 and its dependencies some months
> ago using MinGW under Windows XP. I'm not a MinGW/win32 expert but I
> managed to get it to compile and work reliably (note that I didn't test
> the native input/output plugins).
>
> I've documented the process at
> http://ciampix.net:8080/proj/wiki/MinGwEnvironment
>
> Hope it will be useful.

Thanks. I was writing samekind of ducument, but get some problems
because system didn't compile dll:s with precompiled glib 2.12.
Only static libraries were made. GStreamer was CVS version. I didn't
have time to test with "stable" versions.

There got some warnings/errors because gcc/libtool didn't found any glib
related dlls. I tried to remake .a files from .defs. I think problem is
for naming of .a files of the glib.

Any ideas?

- Joni