[gst-devel] error in seek event

peune peune.i3 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 07:50:30 CET 2006

Hi,

I've just started using gstreamer recently. I'm trying to display video
with gstreamer and I've ran into problem with gst_event_new_seek.
Indeed, I use the following code to set the current position to the
desired time T (in second)

gst_element_set_state (element, GST_STATE_PAUSED);

GstEvent *event = gst_event_new_seek (1.0, GST_FORMAT_TIME,
GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH, GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET, T*GST_SECOND,
GST_SEEK_TYPE_NONE, 0);

if( !gst_element_send_event (pipeline, event) ) {
    g_print("error\n");
}

gst_element_set_state (element, GST_STATE_PLAYING);

The problem is I never get the error message but instead I get
segmentation fault with different gstreamer's error messages from the
same video file, for example:

Error: Internal data flow error.
or
(<unknown>:6594): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_buffer_create_sub:
assertion `size > 0' failed
or
** (<unknown>:6813): WARNING **: Size 1722 is not a multiple of unit
size 4
Error: subclass did not specify output size

The video is an mpeg2video and I use gstreamer-0.10 on ubuntu linux.

Thanks,
peune