[gst-devel] why I cannot play video in DFB

Deeptendu Bikash dbikash at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 03:52:33 CET 2006

Playbin does not try to use dfbvideosink. The reason being dfbvideosink
needs a surface to render on, which you need to set. Since this surface is
of type (IDirectFBSurface *), you cannot set it on the gst-launch command
line. You need to write a gstreamer application to do that. The application
would be very simple - just convert your gst-launch line to a program form;
only for setting the dfbvideossink surface, create a directfb surface and
assign this surface to the "surface" property of dfbvideosink.

If you cannot see dfbvideosink installed, examine the output of ./configure
of gst-plugins-bad to see if it has found directfb. You might need to set
some environmental variables.

Regards,
Deeptendu