[gst-devel] Error compiling Gstreamer in windows using Mingw

Michal Benes michal.benes at itonis.tv
Thu Nov 23 11:45:45 CET 2006

Hi,

	you will need to compile dynamic libraries. The problem is probably
that GStreamer build system does not explicitly link shared libraries to
all its dependencies. This is perfectly correct on POSIX systems, but
MinGW will create only static libraries in this case.

	It might be useful to link gstreamer libraries with libtool parameter
-no-undefined. Alternatively change set allow_undefined=no in libtool
code (search for allow_undefined=yes in libtool). Libtool will then exit
with error on each undefined symbol with this setting. You will need to
explicitly link against all libraries GStreamer depends on.

	Please fill a bug if you find that some of the library dependencies in
not specified (-l flag during linking).

	Michal