[gst-devel] Error compiling Gstreamer in windows using Mingw

Michal Benes michal.benes at itonis.tv
Thu Nov 23 14:59:08 CET 2006

Hi,

	thanks for the error log. I think that the problem could be in
IMPORT_SYMBOL defined in gst_private.h, I think that this symbol is
weird and it should be moved to gstconfig.h where similar macro
GST_EXPORT is defined.

	Try to change the following (in gst_private.h)

/*** debugging categories
*****************************************************/

#ifndef GST_DISABLE_GST_DEBUG

#ifndef WIN32
#define IMPORT_SYMBOL
#else
#ifndef LIBGSTREAMER_EXPORTS
#define IMPORT_SYMBOL __declspec(dllimport)
#else
#define IMPORT_SYMBOL
#endif
#endif

#if !defined(WIN32) || defined(__MINGW32__))

if it works let me know and I will fill a bug in GStreamer bugzilla (or
do it yourself).

You can also try disable debugging completely (by configure
--disable-gst-debug).

Please let me know if you are able to build and run GStreamer in MinGW,
I am quite interested in this topic (although I do not work on this
anymore).

	Michal