[gst-devel] How to introduce some buffering

Michal Benes michal.benes at itonis.tv
Thu Nov 23 14:17:09 CET 2006

Fabrice Triboix píše v Čt 23. 11. 2006 v 07:40 -0500:
> Thank you for the reply, Dan.
>
> I also had a look at the queue element, but given the definition of min-threshold-time, I wonder if the amount of time buffered can ever can lower that this value...
> If no, this is of no use for me. For example, it may be the case that I don't receive any RTP packet for 1 second, but the media should continue to play during that time, consuming the buffered data.
>
> Could you (or somebody else) confirm my understanding?

Hi,

	as far as I do understand the queue code, your understanding is
correct. I think what you want to do is to connect to queue 'running'
callback, it is called when min-threshold-time is reached, then lower
min-threshold-time to 0 and connect to 'underrun' signal. When underrun
is fired, set min-threshold-time to 1 second again a display some nice
buffering message to the user.

	Michal