[gst-devel] anybody reply

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 14:04:19 CET 2006

Hi,

  Just a note to tell you that sending several times the same mail is
not going to increase the chances of getting a faster answer. On the
contrary it might irritate a lot of people. If someone has the answers
to your question he will answer.. eventually. But don't expect to
always have "within 30mins" answers, we're not paid to answer these
mails, we are doing it on our free time.

  For what it's worth, I don't have the answer to your questions since
I've never used GStreamer on windows. But I felt it necessary to warn
you...

   Hoping somebody knowledgeable will answer to your questions soon,

     Edward

On 11/25/06, ram kumar <heyram_2002 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> hi developers,
>            1.   I need an alternative to compile an
> application that uses gstreamer in vc++.In the
> developers manual iam able to get useful information
> for linux like
> To compile any application(.c file), use: gcc -Wall
> $(pkg-config --cflags --libs gstreamer-0.10)
> helloworld.c -o helloworld. GStreamer makes use of
> pkg-config to get compiler and linker flags needed
> to compile this application.
> 2.This information works fine with linux...Can any
> body say how to compile it in vc++(compiler) on
> windows platform.
> 3.How to inform the gstreamer about the compiler and
> linker flags using vc++(6)
> 4.In the manual its given like gstreamer uses
> pkg-config...whether any other tool is available in
> VC++ to cmpile the application so that to inform
> gstreamer about the compiler linker flags..
> 5.In source code(windows) of gstreamer VC6 worksace
> builds gst-launch.exe.I want to know whether Our
> application which we build using gstreamer uses the
> same gst-launch.exe to play the media file.Its this
> stuff which is confusing me for a long time....

> http://new.mail.yahoo.com

Edward Hervey
Multimedia editing developer / Fluendo S.A.
http://www.pitivi.org/