[gst-devel] Last frame missing

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 19:22:31 CET 2006

Hi,

On 11/28/06, Pavan Kumar Patale <pavanpatale at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >Do you only change state after receiving the EOS message on the bus (?),
> So, should I emit EOS signal before setting the pipeline to NULL while
> recording ?

  No, it's the exact opposite. You should wait for the GST_MESSAGE_EOS
message on the bus, before setting the pipeline to NULL. If not, you
have no guarantee that all data has arrived in the sink elements of
your pipeline.

   Edward

> Thanks,
> Pavan.
>

> >Pavan Kumar Patale wrote:
> > > I am trying to mux audio and video into an avi file.  While playback it
> > > has been
> > > observed that for 1 min of recording last 1 sec is missing.  The bad
> > > part is
> > > that for 2 min it is 2sec and 3 min - 3sec.
> > >
> > > Tried to play the file from command line using gst-launch-0.10 utility
> >and
> > > the observation is same.
> > >
> > > The problem seem to be while recording is being stopped.  I am just
> >setting
> > > the pipeline to GST_STATE_NULL and blocking by using
> >gst_element_get_state
> > > until the state has changed.
> >
> >Do you only change state after receiving the EOS message on the bus (?),
> >which should assure that the pipeline and in particular the mixer have
> >received
> >EOS.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Mark.

> Connect with your friends who use Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Click!
> http://www.msnspecials.in/wlmyahoo/index.asp

Edward Hervey
Multimedia editing developer / Fluendo S.A.
http://www.pitivi.org/