[gst-devel] Last frame missing

René Stadler mail at renestadler.de
Tue Nov 28 19:27:02 CET 2006

Am Dienstag, den 28.11.2006, 18:03 +0000 schrieb Pavan Kumar Patale:
> Hi,
>
> >Do you only change state after receiving the EOS message on the bus (?),
> So, should I emit EOS signal before setting the pipeline to NULL while
> recording ?
>
> Thanks,
> Pavan.

If you are actually *recording* from a live source (like v4l2src), you
might want to have a look at the section "Controlled shutdown of live
sources in applications" in
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer-libs/html/gstreamer-libs-GstBaseSrc.html

You did not mention that you do recording in your original mail, just
that you are muxing.  It makes a big difference whether you mux from a
file or from a live source that provides a never ending stream of data
that you have to stop manually.  In the future, please take your time to
give complete descriptions of your problem situations.

Regards,
  René Stadler