[gst-devel] Motion jpeg decoding

raoul raoul.hecky at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 14:28:21 CET 2006

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to play an MJpeg stream from a network camera (currently a Planet)
and I'm using this pipeline:

gnomevfssrc location=http://mycamera ! multipartdemux autoscan=true !
jpegdec ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink

It's working well, but the processor is too much used (approx. 50% used) just
to decode this stream. I can't use that for my app.
I tried using the ffdec_mjpeg instead of the jpegdec, but I only see the first
frame, and it freezes... Is that a bug in the ffdec_mjpeg?

If I try with the videotestsrc:
videotestsrc ! jpegenc ! ffdec_mjpeg ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink

It works great, so I don't understand where the problem is...?

Thanks,