[gst-devel] high-level sound API for gstreamer?

Andreas Røsdal andrearo at pvv.ntnu.no
Sun Oct 29 16:09:24 CET 2006

Hi,

I have previously tried to use gstreamer for playing .ogg files in
gnome-games, and I'm looking for a high-level sound API for playing .ogg
files.
SDL_mixer already has a single function, where you pass the filename of
the ogg sound source, and SDL_mixer will instantly begin playing it. Very
simple! As far as I can tell, there is no such functionality for paying
sounds in gstreamer. The last time I tried, several 100 lines of
complicated code had to be written.

So, what is the most simple way to play an .ogg files using gstreamer in
gnome-games?

  - Andreas