[gst-devel] Question: Can I use GstBin as a container of GstBaseSrc/GstBaseSink?

Roberto Guitierrez jesusgutierrez70 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 17:34:31 CET 2006

Hi , all :

It is possible to have something like this on a GstBin ?

                      |  GstBin
____________                      |
    GHostPad   |___       |_GstBaseSink |                    |
         - - - - - - -|___|------|_|                    |

                      |            |____________ |                     |

                      |               ____________                    |

|              |                   _|               ___| GHostPad
                      |
|                  |__|-------------|___|- - - - - - - - - -
                      |              | GstBaseSrc  |                    |
                      |              |____________|                    |

---------------------------------------------------------|

I'm writing a GstBin based plugin that contains two elements; one is a
GstBaseSink and
the other is GstBaseSrc, This element should be capable of process something
as a <filter> or it can be a used as a <sink> depending on the position on
the pipeline.

 a) gst-launch  filesrc location=aaa.txt | mybin | filesink location=zzz.txt

b) gst-launch  filesrc location=aaa.txt | mybin

In my case the data can be read() or write() from an internal pipe() and I
want to keep asynchronous calls from input buffers and output buffers as
well. This should be optional.

By now I see GhostPad is looking for a "chainfunction
&gst_proxy_pad_do_chain of pad mybin0:sink";  so I think the sink element
doesn't have a _chain() function.
It is expected to have a <filter> inside?

If anyone have suggestion for a better solution..

Thanks in advance.

Roberto G.