[gst-devel] faad is broken for plugins-bad
mvaranda at rogers.com
Tue Oct 31 14:33:08 CET 2006
You guys might already know this. Send it just in case:
Here is how I got faad working from source for SUSE 10.1:
1- download from source, I got this one: http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-plugins-bad/gst-plugins-bad-0.10.3.tar.gz
extract that. edit the file configure.ac and search for faacDecOpen and
replace it by NeAACDecOpen (you will see only one instance of it).
3- run the command: ./autogen
(add any required packet to resolve dependencies)
4- go to the directory ext/faad: cd (whereYouHaveExpaned)/gst-plugins-bad-0.10.3/ext/faad
edit the file gstfaad.c and replace all occurrences of the "faacDec"
keyword by "NeAACDec". There should be 37 occurrences. Save that file
after applying those changes.
6- Do the same for gstfaad.h (only one replacement will occur though).
7- go back to your gst-plugins-bad-0.10.3 directory. run
the command: ./configure --prefix=/opt/gnome
8- Now everything should be in place. run "make". switch to su and run "make install".
9- check if the plugin is being recognized by the gstreamer core by running the command: gst-inspect-0.10 faad
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the gstreamer-devel