[gst-devel] Tools used when creating releases

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Sep 1 19:45:26 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 16:02 +0200, Peter Kjellerstedt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> could I please urge you to use the same tool versions when
> creating releases independent on which user does the actual
> release?

No, we can't guarantee this.  People run different distros.

> I was just in the process of importing the 0.10.4 release
> of gst-plugins-good into our internal repository when I
> realized that the config.sub and config.guess files that
> were provided with the latest release were older than the
> ones in the 0.10.3 release.  And these older files do not
> support our CRISv32 architecture, thus preventing us from
> building without modifying the files...

That is an issue that needs a different solution than what you suggested
above.  It sounds like there is a bug in the toolchain somewhere related
to your architecture (that I've never heard of).  If you could tell us
what the bug is, in which tool, we will see if we can change the
toolchain requirements to avoid this bug.

Thomas