[gst-devel] Tools used when creating releases

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Fri Sep 1 20:22:29 CEST 2006

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 07:45:26PM +0200, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > I was just in the process of importing the 0.10.4 release
> > of gst-plugins-good into our internal repository when I
> > realized that the config.sub and config.guess files that
> > were provided with the latest release were older than the
> > ones in the 0.10.3 release.  And these older files do not
> > support our CRISv32 architecture, thus preventing us from
> > building without modifying the files...
>
> That is an issue that needs a different solution than what you suggested
> above.  It sounds like there is a bug in the toolchain somewhere related
> to your architecture (that I've never heard of).  If you could tell us
> what the bug is, in which tool, we will see if we can change the
> toolchain requirements to avoid this bug.

The problem is in autoconf, as the latest release does not support
CRISv32.  The latest Debian package for autoconf is patched to
support it, thus a tarball disted on Debian have a config.guess
and config.sub support it.  The correct way to solve this issue is
for the packager to update the config.sub and config.guess files
when creating the package.

dave...

--
David Schleef