[gst-devel] Are there Anything else needed between 'filesrc' and 'rtpmp4vpay' ?

Deeptendu Bikash dbikash at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 11:11:24 CEST 2006

Hi,

You cannot directly use payloader over a mp4 file. A mp4 file contains,
other than the raw video data, meta information in a format prescribed in
ISO/IEC-14496 (parts 12 and 14); so you need to have a mp4 file parser that
can extract the elementary streams and feed to the payloader. I do not know
if there is a mp4 parser plugin in gstreamer, but there is a avi parser. So
if you have a avi file you can use avidemux or ffdemux_avi for the purpose.
Otherwise, use some other tool like mp4creator or gpac to extract the
elementary streams offline from your mp4 file and feed to the payloader.

Wim/other gst developers, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Deeptendu