[gst-devel] Streaming with GStreamer

Deeptendu Bikash dbikash at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 08:55:43 CEST 2006

Hi Jeremie,

Try out this first:
gst-launch --gst-debug=3 --gst-debug-no-color rtspsrc location=<RTSP URL> !
rtpmp4vdepay ! ffdec_mpeg4 ! ximagesink

Make sure that the URL streams out a MP4V-ES only. See what RTSP/RTP packets
are being exchanged by doing an Ethereal packet capture.

For more detailed debug messages, increase the gst-debug level to 5 and
redirect 2 (stderr) to a file for detailed examination. However I don't
think that will be required, since from the error messages you sent earlier,
it looks to be a network or server problem and not got anything to do with
gstreamer. Anyway, the packet capture will reveal if that is so.

For me the above has worked.

Regards,
Deeptendu