[gst-devel] about the latest stable version of gstreamer

ensonic ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Tue Sep 26 08:46:21 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 3:38:09 am 26/09/2006 "Gao, Zhangfei" <zhangfei.gao at intel.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am porting gstreamer core 0.10.9 to ARM using arm-linux-gcc, and
> without any optimization (-O), but the result seems not perfect.
You are just cross-compiling, not porting :)

> I do some testing, gst-inspect filesink, it ended with segmentation fault
> gst-launch -v fakesrc num-buffers=3 ! fakesink, this even kill at last
>
> I am not sure whether this is porting issue such as optimization, or
> the gstreamer is focus on x86 and need some modification when porting,
> or the application gst-inspect gst-launch issue.

GStreamer works very well on ARM without any troubles. Double check your
build environment first. Then try to enable debug-logging
(--enable-gst-debug) and run with GST_DEBUG="*:4" or something to trace
down where it dies. If you have gdb on tou platform, try to give us a
backtrace.

> Could you give some advices?
> Thanks.

Stefan