[gst-devel] gstreamer core optimizations.

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Wed Apr 4 15:54:57 CEST 2007

Hi,

you can slim down the core a bit by disabling features. Try enabling
the binary registry, disabling loadsave,index,trace. You can also
optimize on the glib level by doing adding these to you cflags for a
release build:
   G_DISABLE_ASSERT, G_DISABLE_CHECKS, G_DISABLE_CAST_CHECKS

Then of course only ship the plugins you need.

Stefan