[gst-devel] Is gstreamer what I need?

Antoine Tremblay hexa00 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 23:50:42 CEST 2007

Hi,
  First thing you would need to get your frame buffer form the VideoCapture
is a gstreamer plugin that can interface with VideoCapture...

  And if it doesn't exists... create one, which means you will have to
compile gstreamer on windows wich is not trivial...

 All that in 4 days , you would need someone who already has a gstreamer
code base that can compile in windows and knows your VideoCapture lib...

 But other then that gstreamer seems a good choice for your application.

The  difficult part I guess will be the webcam access on the different
platforms as it's driver dependant... I had a lot of troubles with webcams
on linux...  but that beeing said it's not related to gstreamer.

Good Luck! :)