[gst-devel] What is the necessary conditions to make the plugin recognized by gst-inspect

ذیشان ءلی (Zeeshan Ali) zeenix at gstreamer.net
Sun Apr 29 13:20:18 CEST 2007

Hey!

On 4/29/07, gtxia <xia_guangtai at visualon.com> wrote:
> Stefan
>
> Thanks for your hint. It is indeed a good way to find out the key
> reason. Can we use other functions such as dlerror in gstreamer
> framework to help us to find the error code or error message when we
> call some functions fail?

   If your gstreamer is built without '--disable-gst-debug' (which
AFAIK is generally the case for desktops), you can get useful info
from the debug output by just setting the debug level. E.g
`gst-inspect-0.10 --gst-debug="*:5"` will give you all possible
messages of all categories. Hold your breath though, it's quite a big
output so you may want to redirect the stderr to a file and then
greping throught that file might be a good idea.