[gst-devel] avimux header problem

Georg Holzmann grh at mur.at
Sat Aug 18 18:13:36 CEST 2007

Hallo!

I have one more question ;) :
I am trying to write a raw avi stream from my application to the hard
disk with the following pipeline:

appsrc ! ffmpegcolorspace ! avimux ! filesink

The data is written correct to the harddisk and in KDE I see the meta
info correct, but the length is zero. Therefore if I want to play this
file I always get an error.

With GST_DEBUG=3 or GST_DEBUG=avimux:5 I don't get any warnings or
errors. However, I found a bug here:
http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-good/NEWS?revision=1.24&view=markup:
  * 356147 : [avimux] duration in header not correct for big avi ( > 2
but this should be fixed for 0.10.4 (I am using plugins-good latest cvs
version and also tried setting "bigfile" to false ...)

Has anyone a hint how I could try to get this working ?

Many thanks,
LG
Georg