[gst-devel] avimux header problem

Mark Nauwelaerts manauw at skynet.be
Sat Aug 18 21:29:21 CEST 2007

Following pipeline works fine on my system, that is, proper duration and playing
with totem, mplayer, xine (and it is generally comparable to your pipeline, I
assume):

videotestsrc num-buffers=500 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! video/x-raw-yuv,
framerate="25/1", format="(fourcc)I420" ! avimux ! filesink location=test.avi

You might use this to compare to at various stages, particularly at avimux input
and output, and in particular have a look at the caps, specifically framerate.
If that's not OK, avi might end up with 0/unknown frame duration, and
consequently overall duration, and would force players to somehow guess about
frame duration, which is pretty crucial.

Regards,
Mark.