[gst-devel] No notify signal from queue element

Learner ruxyz at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 31 11:14:32 CEST 2007

Hi Stefan,

  The Queue properties which I was referring to are
READ ONLY properties, hence a g_object_set() will
not work.

(1)current-level-buffers
(2)current-level-bytes
(3)current-level-time

  These properties report the current buffer
level in the queue, and hence are altered
by the queue only.

  As per the documentation, the changes can be
tracked by a notify , but that does not work.

  I have tried using a fakesrc with the queue
and fakesink in a sample application,
but the notify did not trigger.

  IMHO a g_object_notify call needs to be made
in gstqueue.c in places where the below
fields are updated.

queue->cur_level.buffers
queue->cur_level.bytes