[gst-devel] How to register my new plugin on Nokia 770?

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sat Dec 1 17:41:54 CET 2007

Hi all,

yes, the installed gstreamer is without debug logging. You can just build
gstreamer in scratchbox with --gst-enable-debug and copy the libgstreamer over.

Usualy the problem with a plugin not loading is missing link deps. So if you use
some custom libs verify that you link against them. If you can compile you
plugin on x86, I recommend to try the plugin there and once it works, build in
scratchbox and try on the device.

Stefan

Zhao Liang-E3423C schrieb:
> Hi Sharath,
>
>>From nokia gstreamer library size, I guess  they have removed much
> features, including debug, now armel libgstreamer.so in nokia is about
> 399KB, but with normal configure, it is about 600--700KB.
>
> Best Regards
> Zhao Liang

>>> mainstream.  Let it simplify your IT future.