[gst-devel] Bumping the GLib requirement to GLib-2.12?

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 12:04:04 CET 2007

Hi,

currently GStreamer requires only GLib 2.8, which was released in
mid-2005.

I think it would be nice if we could bump our GLib requirement to
something slightly more current so we can make use of all the new APIs
that were added in the last two years.

My suggestion is to bump the requirement to GLib 2.12, which was
released in mid-2006.

This requirement would be met by ubuntu edgy/feisty/gutsy, debian
stable/testing/sid and Fedora Core 6 upwards, and seems to me like a
good compromise between bleeding edge and completely outdated.

What do people think? Any objections?

 Cheers
  -Tim