[gst-devel] Bumping the GLib requirement to GLib-2.12?

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 18:18:00 CET 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 17:58 +0100, Sebastian Dröge wrote:

> What other new API do you have in mind that might be nice to use in Gst?

GLib-2.10/2.12 additions such as

- base64 encoding/decoding (we only have
- GSlice
- g_atomic_{int|pointer}_set()
- g_hash_table_{ref|unref}
- g_intern_string / g_intern_static_string
- G_GNUC_WARN_UNUSED_RESULT
- G_GUINT64_CONSTANT (which I'm sure we already use)

are things that come to mind.  Nothing that absolutely requires us to
bump the requirement, but I don't see why we shouldn't (FWIW,
interesting API in 2.14 would IMHO include GRegex, GSequence,
g_once_init_{enter|leave}).

Cheers
 -Tim