[gst-devel] win32 build environment for gstreamer applications

Sébastien Moutte sebastien at moutte.net
Mon Jan 8 19:12:43 CET 2007

Hi Giovanni,

If you want to write a gstreamer based application using visual studio,
you don't need to build gstreamer.
You can use binaries and dev packages from
http://perso.orange.es/moutte983/gstreamer

You can install gstreamer win32 binaries using the setup installers and
next you have to extract the dev package of gstreamer which includes
headers and .lib files to link on in your project (you should extract
them in a folder and next add the lib and include paths to the visual
studio search path).
At this time, you will be able to build an application linked on gstreamer.

To distribute you application in a simple binary installer, you can
create a setup including gstreamer binaries you need, their dependencies
and your application (NSIS is a good tool to do it see
http://nsis.sourceforge.net).

Sebastien