[gst-devel] source plugin blocked in PAUSE state

René Stadler mail at renestadler.de
Tue Jul 3 14:02:46 CEST 2007

Am Dienstag, den 03.07.2007, 11:00 +0200 schrieb Riccardo Corona:
> Ok,
> Now I'm feeling completely ashemed!!!Sorry for this terrible mistake
> and the confusion on variables names!
> I've solved the problem on the crash of gst-inspect, the error was in
> the plugin_init func:
>

> //I've put same "name" in the debug_category_init and elem_register...
> static gboolean
> plugin_init (GstPlugin * plugin)
> {
>   /* exchange the strings 'plugin' and 'Template plugin' with your
>    * plugin name and description */
>   GST_DEBUG_CATEGORY_INIT (gst_my_plugin_debug, "name",
>       0, "pushsrc plugin");
>
>   return gst_element_register (plugin, "name",
>       GST_RANK_NONE, GST_TYPE_MY_PLUGIN);
> }
>
> Now gst-inspect works well on my plugin but I can see only this
> output:
>

> Plugin Details:
>   Name:                 pushsrc
>   Filename:             C:\Programmi\File comuni\GStreamer\0.10\lib
> \gstreamer-0.
> 10/TestPlugin.dll
>   Version:              0.10.0.1
>   License:              LGPL
>   Source module:        gst-MyPlugin
>   Binary package:       GStreamer
>   Origin URL:           http://gstreamer.net/
>
>   My Plugin: pushsrc
>
>   1 features:
>   +-- 1 elements

> So I can't see the inheriting, src pad and the other info...

Yeah, this is just the plugin information.  However, it lists one
element, so it should be there, too.

> I've checked the src file and now it's all right...
>
> Thank's for your support.

> Riccardo Corona.

Your gst_element_register call is

  gst_element_register (plugin, "My Plugin", GST_RANK_NONE,
GST_TYPE_MY_PLUGIN);

Maybe the problem is related to the space in the factory name.  Instead
of "My Plugin" try "myelement" and then gst-inspect myelement.

--
Regards,
  René Stadler