[gst-devel] Can a controller use a different clock?

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 12:42:07 CEST 2007

Hi,

  The controller doesn't use any clock whatsoever. It's the element
that requests values for given times. Most (all?) elements that use
controller ask for values for given timestamps.

  Maybe ensonic and slomo have better ideas about this. Doesn't seem
trivial at all to implement. You would have to make an interpolation
type that ignores the requested time and instead uses other  values
(like the current system clock time for ex).

   Edward

On 5/31/07, Steve Fink <sphink at gmail.com> wrote:
> [apologies if this has been asked before. I cannot access the list archives.]
>
> I'm just starting with gstreamer, and I was playing with the
> GstController object. It seems to use the clock associated with the
> element you're controlling to determine when to change values. Is
> there any way to use a different clock (the wall clock, say, or the
> clock of a different stream)? It looks like you could probably hack it
> in by using a custom interpolation function, but is there a cleaner
> way?

Edward Hervey
Multimedia editing developer / Fluendo S.A.
http://www.pitivi.org/