[gst-devel] Re: Re: could configure blocksize of filesrc in post plugin

René Stadler mail at renestadler.de
Sat Jun 2 16:26:56 CEST 2007

Am Samstag, den 02.06.2007, 21:00 +0800 schrieb zhangfei gao:
> hi, Stadler
>
> do you mean encoder element should realized in pull mode as well as
> push mode.
>
> when src element is camera, which ensures input is integrate frame,
> encoder takes pull mode.
> When src element is filesrc, encoder takes push mode.
>
> but I have question, if encoder takes pull mode, avimux also takes
> pull mode, then it will be two elements take pull mode in the
> pipeline, is that OK.
>
> Thanks

<snip>

Now that I think of it, using pull mode is not a practical solution
here.  Push mode is generally implemented for this because raw video
frames travel at one frame per buffer.  By writing such data out to a
file, you throw the framing information away.  Adding pull mode
scheduling just to get automatic reconstruction of the frame size is
just not practical.

I think you have to stick to setting the blocksize property of filesrc
manually, just like you need to set the caps by hand.

--
Regards,
  René Stadler