[gst-devel] Gstreamer on Mac Os X

Giovanni Bedetti giovanni_bedetti at yahoo.it
Sun Jun 3 16:40:29 CEST 2007

Hello Everybody.  I'd like to have a guide to install
Gstreamer, Gst-plugins-base and Gst-plugins-good on
Mac Os X (I own a MacBook Pro). I can't use Parallels
to emulate Linux on Mac Os X because i already have
Windows installed via Bootcamp. I tried also the
triple boot way, but it's not so simple.
I tried several ways to install Gstreamer on Mac Os X
(Sources, Fink, MacPorts), but i could not make
osxaudiosink (I think) working. It always returns "One
element could not be created"
i.e.
i compiled helloworld.c with

sink = gst_element_factory_make ("osxaudiosink",
"alsa-output");

and executed ./helloworld myfile.ogg.

What are the right steps to be followed?