[gst-devel] element behaving oddly when using decodebin

Edward Averill edaverill at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 7 18:09:10 CEST 2007

Ok, I have a bit of an odd thing going on here.I have a demuxer element that operates perfectly fine with gst-launch if I specify the pipeline myself.  Well, I need to get it working with decodebin, so I added the proper typefind functions and after a modest amount of thrashing around, have decodebin loading up my element for the media type I want.Now, the odd part: while things play properly if I specify the pipeline, when I use decodebin suddenly I experience audio dropouts and freezes!  I turned GST_DEBUG=5 on and I've yet to find anything in the megabytes of debug spew that indicates an error or warning of any kind.I've been using qtdemux to benchmark the behavior of my demuxer against, I have debug spew from it that I'm comparing mine to and the behaviors are (so far as I can see at this stage) identical.Are there any "gotchas" that I need to be aware of when using my demuxer element with decodebin?  This is getting a tad frustrating and my eyes are about to fall out from comparing 15K lines of debug output.All assistance (including pointers to the proper sections of documentation, I think I've read everything there is) appreciated...ed..