[gst-devel] {WINDOWS] directdrawsink problem

bounce bounce bouncebounce at caramail.com
Fri Jun 8 11:31:32 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm using GStreamer in my application to play video and I'd like to output the video in a drawing area from XWindow on Windows and Unix.

At the moment, I'l trying it on WIndows. I'm using a "playbin" bin to solve the video format and I'm using a "directdrawsink" sink to outout the video in my drawing area.

To link the "directdrawsink" sink to the drawing area, I've used
gst_x_overlay_set_xwindow_id(GST_X_OVERLAY(vsink), winid);

But my problem is that there is no video output inthe drawing area and my application is frozen. When I try to debug my application, I 've observed that the sink is not completely solve : no link is make with my sink, "vbin" and my playbin contrary to if I was using a fakesink or if I don't specify an output window  and where GStreamer will build itself a window and play the video.

Is there somebody who have an idea about my problem ? Is it a bug ?

Thanks.