[gst-devel] Real media (.rm) file playback ??

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 07:38:14 CEST 2007

Hi,

  How sure are you that the files contain RV10 video streams ? Try
using totem to read those files, or if you don't have totem try the
following:
  gst-launch-0.10 -v -t playbin uri=file:///path/to/test.rm

  Worst case scenario, you will be able to see in the tags what codecs
that file contains. Best case scenario : you will have the proper
plugin to handle that codec and it will playback.

   Edward

On 6/11/07, Kumar, Pawan <kpawan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have couple of real media (.rm) files with me but I do not know how I can
> play these with Gstreamer.
> I see that rm parser plugin is available and real video decoder plugins are
> also present as part of ffmpeg. At first I am just interested to play only
> the video content encapsulated in real media file.
>
> I am trying something like this but unable to play.
>
> ./gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=test.rm ! ffdemux_rm ! ffdec_rv10 !
> sdlvideosink
> or
> ./gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=test.rm ! rmdemux ! ffdec_rv10 !
> sdlvideosink
>
> will appreciate any kind of suggestions/comments on this.
>
> Pawan

Edward Hervey
Multimedia editing developer / Fluendo S.A.
http://www.pitivi.org/